WIP Wednesday

After a tiny hiatus I’m back again! I’ve been busy with school and whatnot, but now it’s summer and I’m still looking for a job. So what’s Kim been up to? If you really want to keep tabs on my projects, check out my Facebook and Instagram. I’ve been caught up with a lot, that’s all I can really say right now. I’m preparing a new cosplay for Momocon, but I’m also trying to catch up with a few commissions.

Did I ever tell you guys about Fishbones? Yeah I got a commission for Mr. Fishbones a few months ago and I managed to get it done in time, but you know what I forgot? Photos! I forgot to take some photos to add to my portfolio…Oh well. At least I can show off about this!

Man, I could’ve finished this so much faster if I hadn’t worried about making the bottom jaw move, but I feel it was worth it. Sadly he wasn’t mine to keep… If anyone was wondering I used EVA foam, insulation foam, mailing tubes, and PVC pipe for about 90% of this. The other 10% was blood and tears

As for personal projects, this is all I have so far. I’ve always wanted to make Sayaka’s witch form, and with Momocon’s Night at the Aquarium (which I’m still not sure if i’m going to), I thought what better time to be a fish? I’m pretty far behind…but once I really get into it, it won’t take long. These pesky scales are another story though. I mean I had to take the hard way out…

SO MANY

SO MANY. I just didn’t like how flat they looked when printed onto the fabric

11295918_1001356553222908_6627758834632282404_n

I still have so many I need to make…I haven’t even started sewing these down either.

11258486_1001356536556243_4879507911400066459_n

And don’t get me started on the collar

I have been working on a few little projects here and there but I haven’t really taken any photos. I’m mostly trying to get ready for Momocon, and clear out my commission queue. On that note, if anyone was waiting for it, I’m taking preorders for Sora Shoes. It got a little crazy around this time last year so I wanted to try something different, but who knows? Maybe I’ll take individual orders again.
As for Momocon, this is what my lineup looks like so far:

Momocon

I have a few touch ups to do here and there with all of my cosplays, but I feel ready. This is the first time I’ve ever had so many cosplays, so I’m actually pretty happy. I found my Touhou cosplays in my closet the other night when I went to my parents’, and I realized I never wore them! I have a peek at Chen, but I did a few little alterations as the top fit really weird, but I’m honestly considering scrapping all the red and remaking it if I have the time. The tail was really fun to make! Who knew wire was all I needed for the little bounce?

chen

Going short sleeved cause the long sleeved blouse was really unflattering, and it’s probably going to get warm

 

That’s all I got for this week; I’m off to finish suffering-I mean paint. Hope all is well with your cosplay endeavors, and I’ll see you all again next week before the con or maybe even at the con!

 

This entry was posted in Cosplay and tagged , by Kimberly Cheng. Bookmark the permalink.
Kimberly Cheng

About Kimberly Cheng

Kimberly Cheng is pretty much that strange girl that no one questions; they're just used to it. She's the cosplayer of the group, and she'll fill you in on all of the latest anime trends, and tips and tricks of cosplay that can save you the money that a college student needs. You can find her on facebook as Purple Uniphants cosplay.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *